Zamma Corporation is the leading building products manufacturer in the United States within its niche, providing a full line of innovative, top quality, highly-engineered products and serving leading Home Center, OEM, and Distributor customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The company has been in business for over 50 years and enjoys a reputation for offering superior quality products at value-oriented prices, while providing first class customer service.
Excellent opportunity for recent or upcoming college graduate.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing manufacturing procedures, tooling and fixtures that result in sufficient capacity to meet customer demand while also promoting product quality, process efficiency and operator safety.
- Providing production line support including, but not limited to, implementing process improvements, troubleshooting equipment and addressing operator inquiries.
- Generating and modifying manufacturing process documentation and assuring that manufacturing processes and related documentation follow established policies and procedures.
- Utilizing skills and other best practice tools and principles for day problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Assisting in identifying equipment needs on the production floor and evaluating internal and external options for sourcing such equipment.
- Developing and releasing new products using customer or internal specifications.
- Working with R&D, marketing, Quality and manufacturing departments during the concept, prototyping and release of new products.
- Working with external vendors as needed.
- Other assignments as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience.
- CAD experience/knowledge preferred
- Candidate must possess good project management skills and initiative in taking on and completing projects.
- Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time