Sungrade Solar is one of California’s leading installers of solar electrical systems. We value honesty, integrity, transparency and, above all else, doing the right thing. We are a certified B-corporation, and we believe in a triple bottom line of: People, Profit, and Planet.
The Designer is responsible for designing code-compliant solar photovoltaic systems for Sungrade Solar.
The position requires the designer to have a strong grasp of civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts and calculations.
Successful candidates will have skills in AutoCAD and a focus on customer satisfaction and state of the art PV design. The ability to be detail-oriented as well as see the bigger picture is a must. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a large volume of projects while demonstrating excellent focus and teamwork. This is a work from home position with occasional travel.
- Design residential and small commercial PV systems to meet all customer, company, code and utility requirements and resolve issues.
- Work with Sales, Project Management, and Installation teams to meet all customer, company, code and utility requirements and resolve issues
- Understand the interconnection requirements for each utility, including panel derates, line and load side taps, and main panel upgrades.
- Use AutoCAD to create one-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, roofing plans, site maps and other documents as required for building permits and interconnection applications.
- Work with project managers to prioritize work and ensure that design packages are complete and ready to submit for permits so that installation can proceed as scheduled.
- Coordinate with structural and electrical engineers and other professionals to obtain approvals and stamped drawings as required.
- Complete the bill of materials listing all equipment, labor, subcontractor costs and markups. Ensure equipment lists are complete and correct so that materials can be procured for the project.
- Bachelor’s degree; prefer Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering. Architects also considered
- Excellent skills in AutoCAD (Experts in other CAD software considered)
- Knowledge of and experience with National Electric Code and PV System Design
- Knowledge of residential and commercial construction
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical design theory and concepts
- A reliable and passionate attention to detail and quality
- NABCEP certification a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently
- Excellent Written And Verbal Communication Skills Required
- Great attitude and positive vibes
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- solar design: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible