Summit Crushing operating full time in Abbotsford has an opportunity for an Equipment Operator. Reporting to the Mine Manager, the equipment operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the equipment. Summit Crushing is a busy rock quarry open year round with consistent work and opportunity for growth.
- Operate the excavator/loader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Perform work in either shop or outdoor construction site settings
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required
- Work with other shop or field personnel
- Willing to learn and take direction
- Must be able to communicate well with co-workers, customers, superintendents, and engineers
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Maintain a high level of Housekeeping
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating equipment
- Valid driver’s license as well as a clean drivers abstract
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Work overtime and weekends as required
- Be available for day and afternoon shift
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00 to $34.00 /hour
- Equipment: 1 year (Required)
- Aggregate: 1 year (Required)
- Abbotsford, BC (Preferred)