Looking to kick-start your career in Information Technology? How would you like to get your foot in the door of a large, complex, Enterprise IT environment with more than 10,000 users? Kiewit Technology Group is looking to hire an Intern for the summer. This Intern will have the opportunity to work in application development, with technologies such as .NET, Windows, and SQL Server.
We won’t hire just any Technology student! We are looking for someone who is sharp, personable, organized, who takes initiative, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, who can thrive in a multi-tasked, team environment, build relationships, and communicate effectively across the organization.
- Shadow and contribute to efforts in the Kiewit Technology Group Application Development organization
- Work with various technologies including: NET C#, SQL Server, Windows, etc.
- Learn and be involved in advanced software architecture patterns and practices
- Be a team member in a practicing agile Scrum or Kanban team
- Currently pursuing a degree an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology related field
- Desire to explore a career in Information Technology
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Takes initiative and strives for continuous improvement
- Able to effectively troubleshoot and solve problems
- Able to work in a multi-tasked environment
- Able to work well independently and with the team
- Able to communicate risks or potential problems to manager
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.