At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Position is open to working Hybrid where a U.S. Bank is located.
Be a part of transformational change where integrity matters, success inspires and great teams collaborate and innovate. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We're looking for people who want more than just a job - they want to make a difference! U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineer who will contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
This position will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development and maintenance of best in class software experiences. The candidate is a self-motivated individual who can collaborate with a team and across the organization. The candidate takes responsibility of the software artifacts produced adhering to U.S. Bank standards in order to ensure minimal impact to the customer experience. The candidate will be adept with the agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, operating and maintaining products.
- Takes full stack ownership by consistently writing production-ready and testable code.
- Consistently creates optimal design adhering to architectural best practices; considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
- Makes sound design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront.
- Takes feedback from code review and apply changes to meet standards. Conducts code reviews to provide guidance on engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices.
- Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards.
- Embraces emerging technology opportunities and contributes to the best practices in support of the bank's technology transformation.
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery. Anticipates and communicates blockers and delays before they require escalation.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Two to three years of relevant experience
- Intermediate understanding of a feature, the users impacted, the flows impacted and feature's purpose
- Intermediate understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors and customers
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants .
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program .
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.