Come grow with us!
Our Bedford (Cleveland) Ohio office is looking for an experienced Bridge Engineer due to growth. This position could also be located in Newark, OH just north east of Columbus.
This person should be a self-starter who will be part of a dynamic, growing team to provide structural engineering support for transportation improvement projects. Some miscellaneous structures work may also be part of project work.
The ideal candidate will have 4-10 years of bridge design and/or inspection experience. Experience with AASHTOWare design and rating software is desired. Experience with Microstation is required.
This person will perform technical and some project management duties on a number of small and diverse projects
and relatively large complex projects requiring independent study and responsible judgement. Performs or directs computer
aided design for exhibits and drawings in support of projects. Occasionally serves as client contact for projects as part of routine project execution.
Bachelors of Civil Engineering from an accredited institution. EIT required, PE preferred.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of health and safety plans for job sites, implement health and safety
plans, including client specific requirements and documentation;
- Perform computations and process data using computer software or other established
- Prepare detailed plans, technical specifications, and reports using Hull’s CAD
- Assist Project Manager with directing work tasks assigned to project team including
review of drawings prepared by other team members;
- Assists Project Manager with tracking work progress via project management software;
- Serves as a technical resource for projects including evaluating alternative solutions
to engineering problems;
- Collect and interpret data through research, file reviews, field observations and
measurements, field testing and other methods. Prepare associated reports and deliver to Project Manager for review;
- Prepare cost estimates for design implementation, including partnering with appropriate
staff for quality assurance review;
- Prepare permit application packages and coordinates with reviewing agencies under
direction of Project Manager;
- Assist with preparation of proposals including performing research, visiting the site
to gather information; outlining scope tasks and estimated labor hours and expenses and drafting
proposal language under the direction of a Project Manager or supervisor.
- Excellent organizational skills including planning and executing own work tasks, as well
as tasks of other team members, to meet project deadlines;
- Scheduling, data management, and project file management for project calculation, models,
drawings and specifications;
- Proven technical skills including field observations, accurate measurements, mentoring
staff in use and care of equipment, use of technical software and modeling
- Proven proactive communication skills both internally and externally;
- Experience with problem solving and history of willingness to share new ideas with
Hull is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.