CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re disruptors, innovators, and doers who aren’t afraid to challenge what’s possible.
At Bright Machines, our mission is to change the speed, scalability, and flexibility of manufacturing. We bring software-defined intelligence down to the factory floor and enable our customers to modernize their manufacturing operations effortlessly.
Working at Bright Machines is an opportunity to be part of a growing team that enables anyone to build anything, anywhere. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the platform that will define the next generation of manufacturing, we’d love to speak with you.
Let’s disrupt an industry. It will be fun!
ABOUT THE ROLE: *
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be one of the key hands-on contributors to the design and deployment of our Bright Robotic Cells (BRCs).
Our Mechanical Engineers solve the hardest manufacturing automation problems by working together with cross functional teams to architect and own the right automation solutions for customers. You will apply your technical skills, including lean manufacturing and automation expertise for the installation, deployment and support of our Bright Robotic Cells (BRCs).
With our smart automated solutions, we help our customers become less reliant on manual processes and be better prepared for the next disruption. We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer with creative “out of the box” thinking to design smart automated solutions in support of assembly and inspection inside Bright Machines Robotic Cells.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Design and engineering of robotic end of arm tooling (EOAT), fixtures and material presentation solutions from concept to detail as part of the microfactory line using SolidWorks CAD software
- 3D print concept parts for engineering evaluation
- Work within the mechanical engineering team and other engineering disciplines to create a preliminary design concept for EOAT and components with supporting technical information, creating 3D model concepts for customer proposals
- Lead preliminary and critical design review meetings for internal and external customers for feedback and manage conflict while addressing all concerns
- Source all required components for manufactured and purchase parts and assemble the robotic cell solution within the program lead-time
- Support other team members (load balance)
- Work with sales, system engineers and project managers to support robotic EOAT and fixture solutions to meet customer request for quote (RFQ) specifications
- Must think safety first for our customers assessing the robotic cell to identify any possible hazards, evaluate risk reduction requirements, and recommend solutions and validation
- Some travel may be required (10 - 20%) dependent on the size of the deployment
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Proficient with mechanical design software (SolidWorks)
- Possess strong analytical and technical skills
- 2+ years’ experience (not including internships)
- Ability to handle multiple projects with shifting priorities and demands
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and present effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD:
- Knowledge of robotic EOAT / material presentation automated solutions
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and lean practices
- Knowledge of programming of 4 and 6 axis robots
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of 3D printing solutions
- Knowledge of reading electrical schematics
- Knowledge of wiring and routing in SolidWorks
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are customer obsessed
- You believe in the power of a team, diversity of thought, and unity of action
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments, and practice transparency
- You think boldly, lead with courage, and demand the highest standards
- You drive for results and act like an owner
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR CAREER*
You’ll be challenged and will grow from solving problems that will have real-world customer benefit. You’ll be encouraged to find creative and innovative solutions that have never been built.
We strike a balance between celebrating team success and a focus on individual growth. Paired with the best minds in the industry, your contributions will be impactful and significant as we disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.
Come join us.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations