Zeeland, Michigan, United States
Description & Requirements
Entry-Level Manufacturing/Automation Engineer – Zeeland, Michigan –
DISHER is currently searching for a full time Manufacturing/Automation Engineer with entry level experience. If you love to learn, are seeking an opportunity to develop and grow with a team, and have a desire to be at the forefront of the future of the Manufacturing/Automation Engineering industry, we would like to start a conversation.
What you will get to do:
What will make you successful:
- Collaborate and independently work on various Manufacturing and Automation tasks with other members of the DISHER team.
- On automation projects, spend most of your time on the floor to troubleshoot and correct issues and improve processes.
- Grow your skills related to automation and controls in a manufacturing environment.
- Troubleshoot and support production equipment using many common systems (PLC, CNC, Robotics), or other control platforms.
- Contribute your skills to various customers and clients on a wide range of projects.
- Gain experience in automation system development.
- Gain experience in communication protocols between PLC/HMI, SCADA Systems, Database Systems, Field/Remote IO.
- Work with your team to develop and achieve mission, profit, and growth goals.
- Foster and nurture relationships with customers
- Capital equipment procurement projects as needed.
- Work on multiple projects/programs at one time.
- Work with many different aspects of controls, from system definition to design and programming.
- Work on-site with DISHER's customers. Typical travel to a customer site is about 30 miles from DISHER. Overnight travel is rare, about 5%.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with mechanical aptitude / experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with automation / controls training / experience, is required
- Excellent internship experience in Automation and Manufacturing is required
- Dreaming about the future of the Automation / Controls Engineering industry
- Hands on person with a healthy appetite to learn
- Strong troubleshooting background
- Good communication skills - be able to verbalize needs with vendors and customers
- Be willing to try and fail multiple times
- Spirit of innovation in their approach to problem-solving
- Ability to capture and communicate detail for the operator and the end user that positively impacts their experience
- Must have the current and continuing right to work in the United States of America without sponsorship
- Willingness to travel to customer site
DISHER is a nationally recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets with capabilities spanning from napkin sketch through launch. DISHER is truly and simply a cool place to work. The team is supportive, skilled, and passionate. Our culture is rooted in our mission to make a positive difference with our coworkers, our customers, and our community. Hear more from DISHER team members at disher.com/culture/
Automation, troubleshoot, programming, electrical, mechanical, motion control, robotics, HMI controls, PLC, SCADA, FANUC, Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens, ABB, Cognex, Ignition, Wonderware, SQL server, factory talk