Mechatronics Engineering Role Description
The Company: Verdant Robotics
Verdant Robotics aims to lead the second agricultural revolution and this Mechatronics Engineering role is central to that goal. The core requirements are 1) deep familiarity with mechanical and electrical CAD tools; and 2) the ability to transform CAD designs into prototypes quickly.
The office is located in Hayward, CA about 30 mins average commute from most places in the Bay Area. We offer a competitive salary, full benefits, and a great team environment. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced tech environment and love to streamline complex teamwork this could be your dream job!
Our core technology empowers farmers to grow more profitable food. We use computer vision and artificial intelligence to understand every part of every plant at a massive scale -- and with automated robotics, we close the loop and act on that information in real-time. We are leaders in robotics, computer-vision, and machine learning. Together with our partners, we are building sustainable and highly productive farms.
This role requires .... If you have a knack for always getting the job done with a smile on your face and laughter along the way, we want to hear from you. Fun is one of our core values.
What You Will Do:
- Design prototype robotics systems.
- Find suppliers and manufactures.
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to be their authentic selves at work.
Who You Are:
- You are comfortable working well under pressure and time constraints.
- BS in Mechatronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other closely related subjects.
- 2+ years of work experience in relevant engineering field.
- Strong skills across embedded systems, electronics, and mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D mechanical design tools for prototyping and production.
- Familiarity with electrical design tools (e.g. Altium, KiCAD).
- Experience working within existing embedded C.
- Understanding of analog and digital circuit principles and practices.
- Experience interfacing with sensors, actuators, embedded devices over various hardware interfaces (e.g CAN, USB, I2C, SPI).
- Power electronics experience preferred.
- You are scrappy, can show your grit, and are willing to pitch in where needed in our startup environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- EE Engineering: 1 year (Required)
- EE/ME Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible