Senior Bioprocess Engineering Full-Time Position
SolarBiotech is developing novel technologies to accelerate the commercialization of Cell Agriculture products. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact on the sustainability of food production, over traditional agricultural methods, and improving the abundance of food to the world in the challenging decades to come.
The Senior Bioprocess Engineer will have a chance to lead industrial biotechnology projects, help design new bioprocesses, and execute on the bioprocess deployment and operations. Cell Agriculture, also known as Synthetic Biology, is a rapidly growing industry, which has as one of the main goals to make the production of food and cosmetic ingredients and other key products more sustainable using non-animal plant based cells. The Bioprocess Engineer will be interacting with scientists, other engineers, operators, and managers and be part of a team focused on delivering tangible value for company’s stakeholders.
The Main Senior Bioprocess Engineering’s Responsibilities will include, but will not limited to:
· Bioprocesses Deployment: bioprocess engineering expansion projects will be continuously ongoing and this position will be intimately involved in the engineering design, procurement, construction, hookup, and commissioning.
· Procurement: assist in the procurement of major plant and associated utility equipment.
· Sustainability Goals: you will be involved and help lead photovoltaic solar power conversions, waste water recycling, combined cycle power generation and heat recovery and coal gas utilization in both food and hybrid power. Ultimately, you will help us lead the industry toward a negative carbon footprint for the sustainable cell-agriculture-based foods and other products industry.
· You find technological and operational challenges exciting and enjoy addressing them.
· You deliver. You are dependable.
· You are excited to work with and learn from scientists, engineers, and other team members in an industrial biotechnology start-up environment.
· You have a flexible schedule and are always willing to go the extra mile.
· Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable; no task is too big or too small for you.
· You want to be part of the future revolution in “impossible” sustainable non-animal food, cosmetics, and other ingredients and products.
· Degree in bioprocess engineering or related discipline.
· 3-5 years of industrial experience or equivalent.
· Attentive to detail, observative and ability to focus on the assigned tasks, hardworking, and responsible.
What We Offer:
· An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from industrial biotechnology.
· Growth Potential.
· Earning equity ownership in the company, that will be growing exponentially.
SolarBiotech provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt & “At Will” Employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Masks and hand sanitizers provided. Social distancing recommended. Individual office.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible