Nvoicepay’s state-of-the-art technology is boldly changing payments by providing straightforward, flexible interface that automates payment optimization – which saves our customers money and valuable resources. Our growing business offers our team exciting challenges and opportunities to develop, collaborate and create daily. We hire team players who want to be part of something exceptional and are looking to focus on the customer and innovative solutions.
DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS ENGINEER
Engineering • Nvoicepay Headquarters, Beaverton, OR
The DevOps Engineer is a key hands on engineer on the DevOps team. Main responsibilities include work on infrastructure, integration, testing and deployment, including workflow design and collaborating with engineering and other teams on process, needs, strategy and work. This position requires a deep understanding of our product capabilities, infrastructure, code, process and technology. The DevOps Engineer must have a deep knowledge of our technology stack and exceptional communication, collaboration and development skills.
- Provides strategies and direction for infrastructure, integration, testing and deployment workflows, automation, process development, and process changes.
- Apply experience, technical knowledge and innovative techniques to resolve complex operational issues.
- Confer with various groups to design project and to obtain information on needs, limitations and capabilities, related projects, performance requirements and interfaces. Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and strategy constraints.
- Store, retrieve, document and manipulate code and data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements, storage and release.
- Develop and communicate information for quality assurance testing and validation procedures. Work collaboratively with QA team for project understanding for testing.
- Coordinate with developers on projects to ensure complimentary functional infrastructure and development.
- Assist with assignment and auditing of roles by job for compliance.
- Other projects, collaboration with other departments and stakeholders and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required.
- .NET C# and web development operations experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Powershell and Microsoft technologies, including C#, ASP.NET and Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in CSS, CSS3, and HTML5, XML, SOAP, REST API, Web Services
- Skills/knowledge in database technologies (Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle) including database development (T-SQL or PL/SQL).
- Excellent knowledge of web architectural, release and design patterns.
- Solid working knowledge of current technologies including object-oriented analysis and design practices (object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Experience with Azure Storage and/or PaaS Hosting, ASP.NET MVC and Expression Blend.
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, CMM, Scrum, Lean, etc.); ability to lead team in these methodologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Engineering, Programming and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Writing computer programs for various purposes. Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes. Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system. Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, stories and models.
- Time, Resource and Task Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others. Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people. Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems. Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work and the work of others.
- People Resources and Staff Development — Deep knowledge (and effective use of) principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, employment relations and negotiation, and HR information systems. Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others. Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others. Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Critical Thinking, Reasoning and Persuasion— Using logic and reasoning to recognize details of situations, identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior or to try new approaches. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events). Ability to identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts. Advanced problem-solving skills in analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Idea Fluency and Originality/ Problem Solving - Exceptional problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and drive win-win solutions. The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions. The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem. Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening and Speaking— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information and procedures effectively.
- Administrative — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records in a database, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Data Manipulation and Verification – Ability to accurately record, verify, audit and follow-up on data within specified time frames. Ability to arrange actions within rules and procedures; ability to develop and refine the rules and procedures with business needs and replicate results.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Professional-level written and verbal communication skills and exceptional relationship building skills. Exceptional written and oral expression and comprehension, including excellent presentation skills with an ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions.
- Service Orientation and Social Perceptiveness— Actively looking for ways to help people while being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- People and Inclusion — Always striving to drive our business forward by positive and direct communication, collaboration, respect, acceptance and professionalism. Understanding how to give and receive feedback, manage conflict positively and work productively with others to solve problems.
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
- Job is focused on specific area of business with established practices and procedures; job affects all roles and activities. Must work with operational timeframes but be flexible to changing priorities. Responsible for ensuring technical procedures and compliance standards are met.
- Decisions are made within scope of expected knowledge, are complex in nature and are used to develop systems for others. Decisions and results affect all departments, business decisions, payments and customers or vendors.
- Work affects flow, information, process, work and decisions of others and is operational and strategic in nature.
- Job has no supervisory responsibility. Requires leadership, teamwork, deep technical skills, analysis and knowledge and application of data to influence others.
- Contacts are made inside the organization. Internal contacts include the Operations, Implementation, Executive, Sales and other teams, leads and managers.
- Position requires contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on data collection, problem solving, needs analysis and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both in person or electronically.
- Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Leadership, technical development, strategic movement and problem-solving are primary objectives of this position.
- Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.
WORKING FOR NVOICEPAY
Nvoicepay is a profitable, growing company that values people. We offer many perks outside of the challenging and satisfying work– a new facility near Portland, Oregon; competitive pay and paid benefits; generous time off policy; flexible dress code; snack and drink pantry; and much more. Our environment is comfortable and welcoming with many common areas and the ability to communicate and solve problems across departments. We are proud of the work we do to help other companies but also value work-life balance.
Nvoicepay is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.