COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, education, and background!
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
This entry level position is for a Manufacturing Engineer Associate supporting the Production Operations organization in Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS).
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating assembly work instructions & manage manufacturing BOMs based on drawings.
- Developing and maintaining production plans based on program milestones.
- Providing real-time technical support to assemblers with timely problem resolution
- Analyzing drawings and cable schematics during development and production stages.
- Providing input to product design regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Applying lean manufacturing techniques to reduce cost and increase yields.
- Driving adoption of new technologies and processes (automation, robotics, computer aided manufacturing software, etc.) to achieve greater efficiency and quality improvement.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in an Engineering or related discipline; or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Familiarity with analyzing engineering drawings
- Microsoft Office suite experience with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills
- Experience working in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience in creating assembly work instructions
- Familiarity with SAP (Qnotes, Routings, Bills of material) or a related manufacturing system
- Familiarity with design for manufacturing concepts and application
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing concepts and technique
- Self-starter with demonstrated self-initiated goals and results
- Demonstrated capability to multitask in support of multiple concurrent programs and initiatives
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.