Scientific Applications & Research Associates, Inc. (SARA) is a world-class Defense Research and Development enterprise, with a charter to create new and emerging technology innovations in support of Commercial & Government organizations. We have expertise in RF, EMP, Pulsed Power, Acoustics and Threat Warning Systems; partnering with our customers to address real world problems with cost effective solutions… that work.
The High-Power Electromagnetics Division (HPEM) team is at the forefront of radiated and conducted energy delivery systems from prime power to applications. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to grow, lead, and learn with talented engineers, physicists, and technicians on long-term programs and new programs supporting the DoD, DoE, and their contractors. The HPEM Division is looking for an exceptionally talented, motivated, and creative Robotics Engineer to support rapid Manufacturing activities in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Responsible for the design and implementation for robotics products, applying the designs into workable operations that include: sensory, signal processing and feature extractions.
- Using practices that include but are not limited to mechatronic design, sensor selection, reactive and deliberative path planning, etc.
- Collaborate with research and development partners to design and set standards for future products.
- Aid in the concept development for robotic systems and/or components, trade studies and documentation.
- Detailed design and analysis, presentation of designs and analysis reviews.
- Fabrication of parts, specification of purchased parts, assembly of prototypes, hardware, and development/verification testing of mechanical and robotic systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Automation, Controls, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Must be well versed in hydraulic, pneumatic, and motion control systems
- Familiarity with CNC systems, PLC, sensors, electrical components and microprocessors
- CAD knowledge required
- Must have solid understanding of kinematic/dynamic assemblies
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Active clearance desired
- Previous experience with industrial equipment design or manufacturing assembly line equipment desired
What’s in it for you?
- Industry leading benefits package
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Tuition & Certificate Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Employee Project Bonuses
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing, and Stock Ownership
Salaries at SARA are competitive and are commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the individual. SARA is headquartered in the Los Angeles/Orange County area of Southern California and has offices in San Juan Capistrano, California, Colorado Springs, Colorado and Tyler, Texas.
SARA, Inc. is an EEOC/Title VII/ADA compliant federally contracted employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Also, as a federal contractor, SARA must abide by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and maintains a drug-free workplace regardless of local and state allowance.
U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. (www.SARA.com)