Specializing in structural engineering, building science, and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in twelve locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision, and understand that creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people. We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
RJC’s Kelowna office is seeking an engaged, experienced, and committed Building Science Project Engineer to join our vibrant office. Not only do we work hard, serving our clients’ varied project needs, we happen to do so in an exceptional, vibrant, and growing community.
Discover the benefits for yourself. Feel secure through our highly competitive compensation package, engaging projects, all in an environment tailored for your future.
The Building Science Project Engineer is responsible for understanding and communicating building envelope concepts, designs and conditions to our clients. The work can take the form of evaluation, assessment and restoration/retrofitting of existing building envelope systems, design review of envelope systems for new buildings and other activities. The successful candidate is comfortable working with clients, communicating with contractors, and working on active construction sites. A commitment to providing first-rate client service is essential, as is technical excellence to deliver practical solutions. An inquisitive outlook, a focused worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility, and a team player who has the ability to work independently yet collaboratively, are traits that are considered to be essential in this Building Science Project Engineer role. Hands-on experience is highly valued.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage projects and clients from conceptual design to final completion
- Establish and maintain successful client relationships and support ongoing business development initiatives
- Carry out site assessments and prepare reports
- Prepare contract drawings and specifications
- Review work in the field and provide reports
- Liaise with industry professionals in preparing construction documents for new construction
- Prepare bid documents and administer contracts under construction
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Market and solicit work from new clients*
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university, with specialty in Building Science preferred
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with EGBC
- 8-15 years of relevant industry experience
- Supervision of 2 or 3 design engineers or technologists
- Committed to client service and technical excellence
- Self-motivated, fast learner with the desire to continually learn and grow
- Leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail sufficient to produce error-free, high quality output
- Personal organizational, time-management and project management skills
- Ability to conceptualize design with an understanding of construct-ability
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build working relationships with industry stakeholders
- Team player with the ability to work independently
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
Reference ID: 2019-1094
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Civil or Building Science Engineering: 8 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) (Required)