Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space has an immediate opportunity for a Quality Engineer supporting the Propulsion Manufacturing Center (PMC) located at our Stennis, MS facility. You will work closely with a cross-functional team to produce various types of propulsion subsystem and satellite hardware, identify, develop and lead continuous improvement opportunities, and implement solutions using inspection technologies
You will have a diverse array of responsibilities:
- Review Propulsion Subsystem engineering drawings and transfer this knowledge to Work Instructions for Manufacturing and Inspection
- Review work instructions based on engineering drawings, requirements to ensure producibility and that inspection requirements can be verified
- Disposition of nonconforming material and development of corrective actions with Engineering team
- Identifying and leading continuous improvement opportunities
- Collaborating with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place
- Data analysis of past defects to identify solutions to prevent recurrence
- Perform statistical analysis of current processes to identify waste and improve efficiency
As a successful candidate, you will be comfortable working with cross-functional (Engineering, Program Management and Customers) to eliminate quality control issues. You will apply your proven track record with process oversight and leading continuous improvement within an organization. Potential candidates must be a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with an ability to analyze and solve problems in a team environment.
Must be willing to work off shifts and non-standard work weeks as needed to meet product deliverables.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
- Ability to interpret engineering dimensions, tolerances and requirements
- demonstrates quality mindset with experience in standing firm to ensure process discipline is followed and demonstrated ability to stop a process when risk or process failure is likely
- Microsoft Office skills (MS word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to lead tasks to completion and resolve issues
- Experience in or supporting a Manufacturing environment
- Public Trust security clearance required
- US Citizenship required
- Good organizational and people skills to work with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Inspection and Technician personnel
- Familiar with SAP/VECAMS and other ERP Systems
- Familiarity with the responsibilities of Quality Engineering, including corrective action and continuous improvement
- Ability to work well under pressure and extended/off-shift hours (as needed)
- Potential candidate must be a highly motivated, detail oriented individual with an ability to analyze and solve problems in a team environment
- Aerospace or Defense Industry experience highly desired
- Root Cause Analysis experience or training
- Green belt trained or certified (comparable experience w/continuous improvement activities (lean/six sigma) or ASQ certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.