Norquest Industries Inc. is a progressive and innovative Machine Shop based in Edmonton. We serve a variety of industries throughout Canada and around the world. Our manufacturing capacity includes High Production, Complex Machining, Controlled Cycle, and Manual Machining capabilities.
We are currently seeking high quality CNC Programming Machinists with a proven track record of excellent efficiency and accuracy.
Shift Vacancies: Afternoon
Afternoon Shift Hours: 3:20 pm - 1:50 am, Monday - Thursday. 10% Shift Premium
Comprehensive Company Benefits!
· 100% Company Paid Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
· RRSP/TFSA Matching Program
· 25% Tool Reimbursement Program
· $400.00 HSE Annual Allowance
Goals and Key Result Areas:
- To manufacture parts in accordance with supplied drawings and standards.
- To program (If required), set up and operate manufacturing machine tools.
- To accurately measure parts and to ensure a high level of Quality Control on all parts manufactured.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Ensure all required information and tools are available before beginning.
- Create programs at the machine tool as required to produce parts to drawing specifications (if required).
- Set up machine tools to produce parts as directed using Routings or as directed from Shift Supervisor or Cell Support.
- Prove out program (if required), set up and obtain first quality part.
- Adjust offsets within machine tools to produce sizes within drawing tolerances.
- Show and use a high level of initiative in solving machining problems.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of machine tools.
- Record quantities produced accurately and sign-off where required.
- Keep track of any identification numbers associated with manufactured parts.
- Keep track of the total number of parts required, the amount produced at any given time, and the amount of material available for remaining parts.
- Maintain accurate records of dimensions from parts produced when required.
- Accurately inspect 100% of all measurable dimensions and fill out Dimensional Check Sheet when required.
- Look for, and bring to Supervisor, suggestions for productivity improvements.
- Comply with all HSE, QMS and Corporate policies at Norquest.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a Supervisor.
- To train/mentor other employees within the department when required.
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience
- Knowledge and experience of setting and operating manufacturing machine tools.
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to identify and use wrenches and other tools correctly and effectively.
- Ability to measure parts using suitable measuring instruments to a high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge and/or experience of adjusting offsets to produce parts to drawing sizes and tolerances.
- Red Seal Journeyman Machinist Certificate an asset.
- Reasonable degree of numeracy and literacy – minimum grade 10 high school.
- Team player, good ability to get along well with co-workers.
- Excellent time management skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Programming: 5 years (required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place