Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation, supporting our clients under five specialist brands: Sagentia Innovation, Leatherhead Food Research, Technology Sciences Group (TSG Consulting) and Frontier Smart Technologies.
We have a global reach with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America that fuels our success. Whether one of our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors, market-experts, or central staff, we look for exceptional hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
TSG Consulting offers competitive wages and benefits to qualifying candidates. Our Sacramento office space is located downtown in a Class A high-rise building with an attached parking structure and 24-hour security. Our office is an open concept floorplan, staffed with an energized team. We thrive on collaboration and mutual support as key elements in ensuring the success of our business.
TSG Consulting distinguishes itself by providing the highest possible professional standards in regulatory consultancy services to the chemical and biotechnology industries worldwide. As a Regulatory Consultant with a focus on state registration of pesticides, fertilizers, amending materials, animal feed and pet food, you will be responsible for advising clients on state registration requirements and obtaining needed registrations on behalf of our clients. The role will ideally be based in either the Sacramento, CA or Washington DC office, however we will consider remote candidates for this position.
· Prepare and submit product registration forms, reports and documents to state regulatory authorities as an agent for TSG clients;
· Communicate effectively with team members, Central Services Departments (i.e., Finance, Legal), and clients;
· Review and compare product labeling and other supporting documentation in an environment where accuracy is of the utmost importance;
· Compile comprehensive state submissions for complex actions, including new active ingredients, novel technologies and other data-rich products;
· Using a working knowledge of current agronomic practices, evaluate proposed efficacy data for crop protection products and obtain Research Authorizations, Experimental Use Permits, Special Local Needs Registrations, Supplemental Crop Label Approvals and Section 18 Emergency Exemptions;
· Review client financial information and create accurate forecasting for client retainers;
· Educate clients on additional TSG service offerings that could be of help to them;
· Assist with preparation of proposals for new client and new projects; and,
· Participate with colleagues in a team setting to continuously improve processes and procedures.
As a Regulatory Consultant for our state affairs practice, you will bring an understanding of state requirements in at least one of our core service areas. You will bring the ability to organize, coordinate and communicate across internal consulting teams, externally with clients and state regulatory agencies. A strong customer service ethic and ability to multitask is vital for this role. You will present a positive “can-do” attitude and be a self-starter within a team of dedicated professionals. Ideally, a candidate will conduct this work in the Sacramento office during TSG’s normal business hours, however, telework may be considered for an exceptional candidate.
· A degree in chemistry, biology, environmental science, or related field preferable but not required.
· Five or more years of regulatory experience at the state level. Experience with fertilizers, microbials, California data submissions and a working knowledge of the regulatory landscape particular to the agricultural industry preferred but not required.
· Proficient computer skills and 2+ years professional experience with Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
· Proven ability to work independently or as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining confidentiality.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.
Reference ID: US2112
Job Type: Full-time