UE4 (Unreal Engine) Technical Art Developer
Dark Slope is an XR content studio creating location based immersive experiences that bring people together. We build games, museum experiences, animated content for broadcast, and enterprise applications from our motion tracked stage in Toronto. We are a team of experienced digital creators who launched the studio in January of 2018 and now we are expanding our community of technical artists to launch exciting, innovative entertainment properties around the world.
If you are passionate about new challenges and are looking to build cutting-edge immersive VR and AR experiences, come work with us.
UE4 Technical Art Developer will contribute to the success of our production team and our projects by maximizing the visual fidelity while staying within the technical constraints. We are looking for someone who is an excellent collaborator, with a broad base of art and technical knowledge.
Core Capabilities & Responsibilities:
- To participate in the conceptualization, design, and development of the visual aesthetic of Dark Slope Studios immersive projects.
- Participate in the retrospective feedback loop and ongoing sprint planning
- Optimize art work demonstrating extensive experience with asset organisation and scene optimisation
- Optimize content for game engine/ gpu performance, while maintaining visual fidelity
- Animation and rigging experience with an understanding of their technical constraints in animation software and the Unreal Engine
- Design FX and particle systems to be used in engine
- Create materials and shaders for assets in engine. Ability to author functional and efficient base materials / shaders
- Collaborate with artist to visualize design concepts and prototypes
- Capacity to think out-of-the-box to overcome technical challenges
- Unreal Blueprint and Unity Scripting experience
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Maya, Photoshop,
- Zbrush/Mudbox, Houdini, Substance Painter/Designer
- Experience creating content for VR/AR
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- Experience using Perforce or similar system
Other Sought After Capabilities & Potential Responsibilities:
- Advanced knowledge of lighting techniques. Develop lighting setups and troubleshoot issues
- Define and maintain asset workflows, structure and production standards
- Game mechanic ideation and prototyping
- 3D environmental modelling, texturing, lighting, rigging & skinning
- Conceptual artwork and storyboards
- Familiar with Multiplayer gameplay concepts with UE4
We value a diversity of backgrounds and points of view. We are a small team and everyone we hire needs to be exceptional. Dark Slope is an equal-opportunity employer. We also value veteran experience as we are looking for leaders with a strong work ethic to support the studio’s values below. Dark Slope is a growing business designed to do world class international work, based in Toronto.
At Dark Slope we...
Find Learning, Design for Wow, Work for Teamwork, Take Initiative, Interact with Transparency
We are looking forward to meeting with you.
Salary: Commensurate With Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Programming: 5 years (Preferred)
- Unreal Engine: 3 years (Preferred)
- VR: 1 year (Preferred)
- Technical Art: 2 years (Required)