Field Architect/Engineer - Full Time
Building Evaluation Services and Technology (BEST) is a consulting firm that specializes in architectural/engineering, environmental, and Green High Performance Building services for commercial lenders and real estate professionals.
Why Work Here?
Building Evaluation Services & Technology (BEST) is a 29 year old Architectural, Engineering and Environmental inspection firm performing Property Condition Assessments (PCA), Environmental Site Assessments (ESA), and High Performance Building (HPB) Assessments nationwide for multifamily mortgage Lenders. BEST is looking for Architects and Engineers that are tired of always working in an office and want to learn to review existing buildings for issues. BEST provides training for new Architects or Engineers for 3 to 6 months to support the process of learning the inspection process. The learning process will continue with support from long-term employees, both Architects and Engineers that perform inspections for BEST. Since the inspections are nationwide, an individual must be able to work independently and be able and willing to travel weekly.
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plans
- 401K with company match
- Disability and Life Insurances available
- Long-Term Disability
- Company paid holidays and time off
Primary responsibility will be to complete Property Condition Assessments for existing multi-family properties, including the following:
- Interview persons familiar with the property
- Assessing (Inspecting) and photographing major building systems
- Developing cost estimates for building systems in need of repair/replacement
- Preparing Property Condition Reports in Microsoft Word
- Travel to property sites for inspections is required
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering field of study
- 5 years Experience in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction employment fields
- Experience evaluating multi-family is a plus; however training is provided for this entry level position
- Professional communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Self-starter, resourceful, and ability to work productively and independently on multiple projects simultaneously under deadlines
- Professional engineering license or architecture registration a plus, but not required
- Previous facilities maintenance, design, and/or construction experience a plus, but not required
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an Immediate Job Opening.
Please submit your resume with your application. Local candidates within commuting distance to Frederick, MD only.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Inspections are occurring on a weekly basis across the US. Report writing work is temporarily remote due to Covid-19. But office is open for individual employee needs and training purposes.
- Revit: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location