- Communication Skills
- Training & Development
- Microsoft Office
- ERP Systems
Become a part of the Young Living family!
Young Living is a universally known, household name that is revered and respected for the countless benefits it brings to humanity. Propelled by the world’s purest essential oils and oil-infused products, along with our passionate commitment to empowering individuals to whole-life wellness, we champion the modern essential oil movement. A global, purpose-driven wellness revolution is underway, and Young Living leads the charge.
Young Living is looking for a packaging engineer to assist with the coordination of capital projects, process improvements, packaging improvements, flow improvement, process standardization, and cost reduction initiatives with multi-functional teams from Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Facilities/Maintenance, and outside suppliers and equipment manufacturers. The successful candidate will apply packaging engineering principles to execute the proper design, qualification, and implementation of primary and secondary packaging components and/or equipment systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Research, identify, and pilot new technologies and methodologies to improve current packaging designs and packaging processes and proposes solutions and opportunities to management for review
2. Design packaging components and develop packaging systems for existing products and/or product lines in compliance with industry and Young Living standards under general supervision
3. Write and perform IQs, OQs, PQs and design specifications
4. Perform tests on new packages as required
5. Maintain complete records of packaging process and equipment design activities, test data, and other pertinent information for each project
6. Communicate with Marketing and Product Development to coordinate packaging and labeling requirements for products being developed or modified
7. Develop material specifications for package components and raw materials, and prepares process specifications for appropriate processes, including protocol development and related testing
8. May assist or offer guidance to other packaging engineering staff and/or production packaging personnel
9. Assist in the resolution of packaging-related problems with packaging suppliers and within production; visits production environment regularly to understand and address current issues
10. Develop effective working network with outside vendors and manufacturers in order to leverage their resources in implementing packaging initiatives
11. Identify, evaluate, and implement packaging innovation to align with company objectives and customer needs including cost, performance, functionality and design
12. Conduct appropriate line trials and packaging validation to support new products and technology
13. Perform technical assessment and studies to justify the selected primary package
14. Subject Matter Expert (SME) for packaging related issues
15. Follow all GMPs and SOs as defined by the quality policies, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance to FDA and ISO regulations and standards
16. Work with suppliers to sample components and establish quality parameters
17. Oversee and provide guidance for all testing methodologies
18. Generate analysis and reports as needed to provide proactive communication to all cross functional stakeholders
19. Create/compile/revise specifications for document control
20. Required to travel 30 percent
Oral and Written Communication
Training and Development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of various packaging materials
Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge of ERP software
Knowledge of packaging design, materials, equipment and systems
Skilled in using AutoCAD a plus
Skilled in CAPE/TOPS Palletization software preferred
Ability to follow direction
Ability to work in a team
Demonstrated ability in leading a team
Experience initiating and leading continuous improvement teams and plans
This position does not supervise employees.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a laptop, desktop, smartphone, photocopiers, shredders, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Essential oils are worn and/or diffused in the work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use manual dexterity to handle, feel, and operate objects, tools, and controls and reach with hands and arms. This individual is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities of this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to type, file, and lift office supplies up to 20 pounds. The employee must be physically able to tolerate the scent of essential oils worn or diffused.
Required Education and Experience
Packaging Engineer I
Bachler’s degree from a 4-year college or university in packaging, or other related engineering field. 1-3 years of experience in packaging engineering or experience in related field.
Packaging Engineer II
Bachler’s degree from a 4-year college or university in packaging, or other related engineering field. 3-5 years of experience in packaging engineering or experience in related field.
Packaging Engineer III
Bachler’s degree from a 4-year college or university in packaging, or other related engineering field. 5+ years of experience in packaging engineering or experience in related field. 1+ years of supervisory experience.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If you’re an active Young Living employee, please apply through Workday.