Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking two (2) full-time, mid-level Engineers or Scientists for our Albuquerque, NM office.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The selected candidate will provide engineering and/or scientific support for environmental assessment and remediation projects related to natural and anthropogenic radionuclide contamination on and near the Navajo Nation. Utilize environmental data to perform statistical analysis of multi-media site characterizations at remote abandoned mine sites throughout the U.S. Evaluate and interpret sampling data, prepare technical reports with supporting data presented in graphs, charts, and maps when applicable. The candidate will assist with project planning and health and safety planning and oversight.
Apply both U.S. EPA and U.S. NRC regulations and guidance documents for purposes of site characterization, including but not limited to CERCLA, RCRA, MARSSIM, and MARLAP. Candidate must have the ability and desire to work independently.
Work will include multi-media sampling, field audits and investigations, organizing and reviewing data, preparing reports, contractor oversight, and related services. Broader activities will include response, assessment and evaluation services (RAES).
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of practical engineering or scientific experience in performing the responsibilities listed above. You will also have:
- Experience in providing engineering or scientific support for environmental assessment and remediation projects.
- Experience in sediment transport modeling using the revised universal soil loss equation is a plus.
- Familiarity with naturally occurring radioactive materials (NORM) and technologically enhanced natural occurring radioactive materials (TENORM) in uranium mining, oil and gas, or other industries is a plus.
In addition, you must be/have
- Highly motivated, customer focused, and work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated professional and team-oriented approach to work.
- Able to manage a heavy workload and travel up to 25% of the time.
- Excellent communication, client interaction, and organizational skills is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Native American culture or language is a strong plus.
- Degree in engineering or scientific field is required.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER/8-hour refresher training is a plus.
The position will require periodic travel to local and regional sites. Candidate may be exposed to various weather conditions while performing field work outside. Ability to carry field equipment (30 to 40 pounds) and don personal protective gear as needed. Work in outdoor areas during all seasons, including some areas with rugged terrain. Candidate must also meet physical demands of hazardous waste site work.
This position requires you to drive on a regular basis and will require passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check and maintaining a safe driving record.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies