Coffman Engineers is seeking a Project Engineer for our Anchorage office. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, energetic team player with 10+ years of project engineering experience. Coffman’s Anchorage Office offers a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
engineering for a variety of projects involving oil and gas facility engineering; refinery facility engineering; oil and gas pipelines; pumping and compressor systems; truckable module design; and, overseeing subcontractors and coordinating multifaceted multidiscipline projects. Candidates should have experience leading a multidiscipline team of engineers and designers.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
- Project or Construction Management experience required
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Alaska (preferred)
- PMP certification (preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in oil & gas, refining, power, manufacturing, and/or pipeline industries
- Ability to lead a multi-discipline engineering team
- Ability to provide detailed peer review of designs for all engineering disciplines
- Ability to develop proposals, execution plans and technical engineering reports
- Experience with front end loading engineering process and programming
- Experience with project feasibility studies
- Experience with oil and gas facility engineering tasks
- Experience with total installed cost development
- Ability to communicate with client/stakeholders effectively, including running design charettes and team meetings with all project stakeholders
- Reading and preparing project drawings and documents including process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, facility building plans, electrical one lines, site plans, foundation plans, sections, specifications, cut sheets, basis of design, and bills of materials
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Travelling to provide support at job sites
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Why You Want To Work Here
Coffman Engineers is a company that truly focuses on its employees. We support and encourage individually tailored professional and technical advancement as well as personal growth. We offer an excellent salary/benefits package, a desirable location, and a professional office environment with the opportunity to work on exciting projects.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, including a flexible PTO program and family-friendly policies. Our Anchorage office is located in the heart of downtown, close to restaurants, trails, shopping and conveniences. We welcome the dedicated and the driven. Join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:
Coffman At A Glance:
- 40 years in business
- 500+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 16 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #177 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2019
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to create a user profile that allows you to manage the application process, answer a few questions, attach your resume and other documents, and then submit. We look forward to learning more about you! Go to http://www.coffman.com/home/careers/openings/anchorage-openings/ on Coffman’s website and open the appropriate position posting.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.