Would you like an opportunity to live and work in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains?
Strivven Media, a SAAS, educational technology company based in Asheville, NC, is seeking a talented and experienced DevOps Engineer/Developer to join our fast-growing company. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, independent problem solver with an entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to wear multiple hats.
The DevOps Engineer/Developer will be responsible for the source code lifecycle from integration testing to production deployment. You will work closely with development and QA teams to create/ensure all steps from development to production are automated. This is a full-time position in Asheville, NC.
This position will be working primarily with Strivven Media’s flagship product, VirtualJobShadow.com, a comprehensive career exploration and college planning platform used by school districts, post-secondary institutions and workforce agencies across the nation.
What You'll Do
- Deployment, scaling, and performance of our applications through their entire lifecycle from development to production
- Work closely with developers to deliver scalable automation strategies across infrastructure products and features
- Automate the creation, maintenance, and operation of cloud environments
- Create and support the adoption of infrastructure and processes that support DevOps practices
- Convert each phase of the development lifecycle to an automated process
- Establish and maintain infrastructure to support automated unit, system, and load testing
- Assist in development of solutions to manage the cost of development and test environments
- Ensure information security best practices and policies are implemented
- Manage build and deploy processes and prepare appropriate documentation
- Participate and advise in Change Management
- Play a crucial role in scoping, roadmap, and architecture discussions
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- You have strong organizational skills with experience in agile development cycles.
- You have experience working in cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Rackspace)
- You have experience working with automated test frameworks (NightWatch.js or Selenium)
- You have knowledge of continuous integration using Atlassian (or related products)
- You have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in root cause analysis
- You have experience in Windows based administration and/or experience in Linux administration
- You have experience in delivering SaaS products
- You can take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- You have experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- You are committed to current best practices, continuous delivery, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and enabling a Test-Driven DevOps organization
- You have experience in one or more of the following: Git, PowerShell, PHP, Node.js, SQL Server
- Azure, AWS, Rackspace
- Git, PowerShell, PHP, Node.js, SQL Server
- Linux or Windows Administration
- NightWatch.js, Selenium
We offer a competitive salary package, health benefits, 401(k) plan, relocation allowance and friendly work environment.
Stivven Media LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
About Strivven Media
Founded in 2012, Strivven Media is an online education company quickly becoming regarded as a thought-leader in the fields of education, career exploration, and educational technology. Our suite of products includes VirtualJobShadow.com, VJS Junior, and the LifePath Career Exploration Course. These comprehensive career and college readiness platforms serve over a million users in schools and workforce centers around the nation, and feature hundreds of professionally produced “day in the life” videos that showcase a diverse range of employment options, career and interest assessments, and educator tools.
Job Type: Full-time
- DevOps: 5 years (Preferred)