Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast, proudly managed by National Hospitality Services, is an ideal hotel for leisure and business travelers. Being home to the Colts, Indians, Pacers and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, tourists are close to it all. Located near downtown
Indianapolis, this hotel conveniently connects guests with businesses around the city. The hotel is also situated within 18 miles of four major airports. This hotel offers an indoor heated pool, whirlpool, fitness center, complimentary breakfast and the unique distinction of being the only
Holiday Inn Express in the United States to have only king size beds in every room.
The Chief Maintenance Engineer performs preventative and regular maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel to ensure the safety and comfort of both our employee’s and guests. The
Chief Engineer ensures compliance with all federal, state, local, and franchise inspection requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and repair interior and exterior of the building, guest rooms, meeting rooms, laundry, lighting, HVAC, ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pool.
- Manage employees and daily activities of the maintenance and pool department. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
- Communicate and enforce all hotel policies and procedures.
- Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or security threats.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized maintenance shop and for the security of hotel inventory.
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance and capital planning.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest question and/or concerns.
- Manage hotel renovations and other projects, negotiate contracts and ensure timely completion of projects within budget.
- Understand and respond to customers’ needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance Program to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests; examples include lighting, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning, water treatment systems and pools.
- Maintain and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives.
- Assist with hotel security to minimize risk of theft, crime and other hazards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour