ABOUT US: ZOOMLION, a leading player in the global engineering machinery industry is growing and has positions available at Zoomlion North America's engineering research and development center in Yorkville, Wisconsin.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to share and expand your skills, consider joining Zoomlion North America’s creative, innovative and collaborative team, where we live these concepts….every day. Our R & D Center in Yorkville, Wisconsin is a great place to become globally connected in a multi-cultural team driven environment.
Here at Zoomlion, we are looking for the most qualified applicants who are inspired by the opportunity to create innovative technology driven solutions for a global market.
As a Sr. Hydraulic Engineer for off-road heavy construction equipment, you will design/ Develop new or improved Hydraulic systems for off – road vehicles and mobile equipment utilized in the Agricultural industry. Interface with Structural, Engines, Transmissions, or other vehicle systems groups, using computer-assisted design technology. In addition, you will:
- Design/ Develop hydraulic systems for off-road vehicles and mobile equipment utilized in the constructions and agricultural industry.
- Perform system development, component selection, system modeling, generate BOM, and problem diagnostics / resolution.
- Design / Develop both open and closed Hydraulic circuits including multi-station valve, manifolds and electro-proportional valves, pumps, cylinders.
- Preform mechanical and hydraulic design calculations related to pressure, flow, speed, torque, etc.
- Analyze and interpret design specifications, system dynamics, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards and vehicle performance requirements.
- Collaborate within a cross-functional team environment, communicating project objectives/strategies to both team members and other groups within the product engineering departments.
- Establish and enforce the proper use of industry - accepted engineering standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
- Author performance specs, testing plans, test procedures and calibration methodologies for both hydraulic system and select components.
- Participate in the Vendor selection for requested components. Coordinate product validation insuring product designs meet specifications
- Create and maintain project documentation for analysis, research and historical records.
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports and presentations.
- Simultaneously support multiple projects in different phases of development.
- Conduct and/or participate in FEA and CFD analysis of the Hydraulic System and or components of such systems.
- Lead design reviews for Hydraulic System and related components during the development process to ensure designs meet requirements, are cost effective, manufacturable, and meet quality targets.
- Participate in prototype builds, Vehicle validation, and field testing both domestically and abroad
- Orchestrate and participate in Quality driven initiatives such as APQP or Six Sigma for both Hydraulic system, subsystems, and/or individual components.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Mechanical Engineering or related field of study
- 5 plus years of experience in hydraulic subsystems/components of off-highway vehicles (including aerial work platforms, agriculture, construction machinery)
- Practical knowledge on engineering standards e.g. SAE, ASABE, ISO, ANSI
- Experience working with supplier/vendors to integrate new technologies or components to machine hydraulic subsystems
- Experience collaborating with Engineering Service Providers
- Experience working and collaborating with global teams
- Competent in 3D CAD software, i.e. CREO, Pro-E, AutoCAD, NX required.
- Master's Degree Preferred, Field of Study: Engineering
- CFD and FEA (ANSYS), a plus.
- PDM/TeamCenter preferred
- Automation Studios a plus,
- Simscape Fluids or Simscape Multi body a plus.
- Zoomlion NA offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Job location is Yorkville, Wisconsin
- Zoomlion NA will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)