Manufacturing and Production
Salt Lake City, Utah
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
No –Teleworking not available for this position
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We’re looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we’ll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career. Some of the world’s most technically advanced products are manufactured by employees, who work within Northrop Grumman Missions Systems, a leading provider of sensor systems for a variety of global security applications, including situational awareness and self-protection. Northrop Grumman manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated, either directly or indirectly, with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors. Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as an Assembler 3 based out of Salt Lake City, UT. What You’ll get to Do:
- Work from diagrams and drawings, make initial layouts, and use hand tools.
- Make continuity checks on work in process and completed.
- May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
- May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
- Notify team leader or supervisor of any problems that may be causing a delay in production schedule or possible quality defects.
- May require working with adhesives, chemical cleaners, coating materials and other commonly used chemicals used in manufacturing.
- High School Diploma or GED/equivalent and 4 years additional education and/or related experience.
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must have good attention to details. Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing setting.
- Prior experience working with electronics.
- Current Solder J-STD or IPC solder certificate. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.