Portland Bottling Company is experiencing growth and is adding a Stationary Engineer to our team. In this role, the Stationary Engineer is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of all stationary utilities that provide sources of energy to the facility. This position will install, repair or maintain equipment such as boilers, compressors, HVAC, ventilation, waste-water systems, refrigeration, etc., troubleshoot electro-mechanical equipment using standard operating procedures, schematics, documented parameters, established best practices and root cause analysis tools and use Continuous Improvement methodologies to enhance the safety, quality and performance attributes of the installed assets.
- Principles pertaining to the operation, maintenance, repair, and installation of HVACR, lighting, and related control, mechanical, electrical, and piping systems equipment
- Pneumatic and Direct Digital Controls for HVACR equipment
- Preventive maintenance chemicals and other materials used in boilers, chillers, cooling towers, wastewater treatment and similar equipment
- Energy conservation products and techniques
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other specialized applications related to area of assignment
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Read, interpret, and work from plans, drawings, and specifications including, but not limited to, building blueprints and electrical diagrams
- Use testing equipment for troubleshooting electrical, pneumatics, mechanical, air-flow, speed, temperature, humidity, etc.
- Use welding equipment, small power tools such as saws, drills, grinders, etc., and hand tools such as wrenches, pliers, hammers, ratchet socket sets, etc., in a proper and safe manner
- Learn to analyze situations accurately and take effective action
- Maintain records and make reports
- Learn to utilize computer equipment to enter, maintain and extract information
- Research, read and understand applicable (building, plumbing, and electrical) codes
Skills & Abilities
Adaptability – the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
Communication - the ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
Detail Oriented - the ability to focus on the task at hand paying close attention to small details
Organizational Skills - the ability to develop and use cognitive, emotional, and behavioral skills that enhance productive outcomes of conflict while reducing the likelihood of escalation or harm
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Stationary Engineer
- State of Oregon issued Limited Maintenance Electrician License OR Plant Journeyman License
- EPA Universal Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving vehicles and machines with moving parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use stairways to climb to multiple floors, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms and occasionally use hands and fingers to type or dial. Frequently lifts more than 50 pounds.
- Days - 12 hour shifts (work every other weekend)
- This position is required to take a criminal background check and drug screen
Portland Bottling Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- stationary engineer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Limited Electrician License (Required)
- Plant Journeyman License (Preferred)
- EPA Universal Certification (Required)
- What is your compensation expectations?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative