At EV Solar (Empire Valorize), we create value for our stakeholders, through the development of our sustainable EPC activity, thus achieving the highest quality standards implementing environmentally sound solar energy resources.
We consider our employees as one of our greatest strategic assets, promoting their training, development and equal opportunity. We are committed to improve society contributing to create high skilled employment opportunities, enrich local communities and protect the environment.
Join us in our commitment to create a more sustainable world by building a clean energy future! We are looking for people who want to develop their career in a fast-growing company, ambitious and driven professionals that contribute to providing our clients the best solutions to achieve highest level of quality of our services.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
The Construction Manager will assist the Project Manger and will be responsible on-site for the overall construction process, including managing subcontractors, utility requirements and suppliers, supervise project development construction activities to meet project schedule, cost schedule, QA/QC, unit/measures control and coordination requirements in order to satisfactorily complete the construction of the solar project assigned. The projects EV Solar develops are located within the New York State.
- Managing the quality of work, deadlines and budget costs.
- Communicating with clients, subcontractors, engineers and inspectors.
- Preparing work schedules.
- Identifying, developing and utilizing the talent pool to maximize productivity and quality of work.
- Reporting to both budgetary and time constraints.
- Visiting and inspecting project sites and reporting challenges.
- Reporting on progress and challenges (daily and weekly reports). Creating daily construction reports utilizing already created templates.
- Managing contractors and sub-contractors.
- Learning and applying the latest relevant knowledge to the work.
The Successful Construction Manager Will Have:
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a construction manager of electrical facilities, preferably with1-3 years as a solar construction manager.
- NEC 2014 knowledge a must – 2017 knowledge a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Skilled at solving conflict between different project members and staff.
- Outstanding negotiation, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Local connection with relevant subcontractors and labor pools a plus.
- Software requirements: MS Office Word, Excel and Projects.
- Strong reporting capabilities.
- Availability to work in NY State
What we offer:
- $55.000-$75.000 yearly gross salary, depending on knowledge and experience
- Paid gasoline expenses (up to 300$/month
- Relocation aid if necessary
- Other benefits and compensations to be disclosed during interview
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
COVID-19 Health and Safety ruled enforced
- Please indicate if, and in which of the folllowing locations you would be available to work (you may indicate more than 1):
1. Marion, NY
2. Oswego, NY
3. Copenhagen, NY
4. Schenectady, NY
5. Wurtsboro, NY
6. Mooers Forks, NY
7. Any location within NY State
- Construction Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location