Recruit Veterans is currently seeking a Principal Mixed Reality Engineer / Founder to work with our client in Austin/Cedar Park, TX.
We’re looking for a Principal Mixed Reality Engineer to help launch a new Mixed Reality startup company in Austin/Cedar Park, TX! This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to redefine the way we live, work and play using mixed reality devices and applications. This is for a bootstrap funded startup that is leveraging existing relationships with established clients in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial spaces. If you’re highly motivated and passionate about this new technology and how it will change the future, we want to hear from you!
- Experience developing applications for the Microsoft HoloLens or other AR/VR devices (Must have examples of existing work)
- Experience working with clients to help define requirements
- Leading the development and implementation of MR / VR / AR applications
- Working with designers to help define requirements for user interfaces
- Ensuring projects are of the highest quality and delivered on time per project schedule
- Experience integrating 3D models, animations, interfaces, visual effects, and audio files
- Experience clean code quality, maintainability, and performance
- Strong experience programming with C#
- Experience developing for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
- Experience with Unity 3D or similar technology
- Understanding of decimation and how to optimize 3D models to maintain quality given the limitations of the memory of the current HoloLens platform
- BS degree in Computer Science required. MS in Computer Science preferred
- 5+ years developing MR / VR / AR applications for multiple platforms including head-mounted and mobile devices.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Recruit Veterans is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Recruiting Force, LLC dba Recruit Veterans provides a variety of technical, professional and administrative support services to government agencies and prime contractors across the country. We also support commercial clients both large and small with staff augmentation, direct-hire placement, and recruiting services. Our focus is on winning new business and hiring and placing military veterans, spouses and their dependents into the contracts/companies that we support. However, we do accept résumés from all prospective candidates regardless of veteran status. So if you have an interest in this position and believe that this role is a match with your experience and career goals, apply now and let us help you, “Accomplish the Mission!"
Job Type: Full-time
- working with head-mounted and mobile device: 1 year (Required)
- MR/VR/AR Application development on multiple platforms: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule