PlayPower, a world leader in producing premier recreation equipment from commercial playgrounds to floating boat docks is seeking a
Are you a person with a desire to deliver the best product possible?
We are looking to fill a Full-time VAVE Engineer in our Operations Department in Dallas TX
If this is you or someone you know, let’s talk!
Qualified applicants will have:
- Plan and coordinate engineering activities to develop and apply standardized design criteria and production requirements for parts and equipment used in outdoor recreation and site amenities.
- Establish and maintain liaison between design engineering and other departments to formulate and apply design criteria and production requirements for proposed products.
- Analyze product design data to determine conformance to established design selection criteria, use of standardized parts and equipment, design-to-cost ratio and cost targets set by the BU and Product line owner.
- Approve initial design or recommends modifications based on producibility, cost, and component technology factors.
- Evaluate and approve alternate materials that allow the business to meet cost goals.
- Supports/drives a performance-based culture encouraging the leaders of the business to develop measurable goals and objectives for themselves and their teams that support the SPX values and standards.
- Initiate and provide technical direction for research and development programs to enhance production methods, improve parts and equipment technology, and reduce costs
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 10 years of progressive experience in design, engineering, manufacturing engineering or production
- VAVE expertise - Demonstrated success VAVE engineering
- Strong project management skills and process orientation. Ability to assess needs, design and implement processes across multi-disciplinary groups.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data
- Broad tactical and strategic “bandwidth”, i.e., the ability to successfully manage multiple and/or rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated track record leveraging data to solve problems and must possess strong critical thinking skills. Ability to conduct complex analytics and synthesize insights into actionable initiatives
PlayPower offers a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to, paid time off, health insurance and 401(K) for full-time positions.
Qualified candidates only. No phone calls or emails please.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Additional company information is available at www.playpower.com. Reference checks and pre-employment drug testing will be conducted.
PlayPower is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.