Do you have a strong background in software engineering and an interest in working at a nimble, growing startup? Juristat is the industry leader in patent prosecution analytics and competitive intelligence, and we’re striving to hire a diverse and skilled group of individuals who will contribute toward growing our vision. We’re looking for an Application Engineer to join our team. Explore our website and our Careers page (
https://www.juristat.com/careers/ [https://www.juristat.com/careers/]) to learn more about Juristat.
If you’re interested in the role detailed below, please apply through our website! While we appreciate and accept cover letters, we’re most interested in your responses to the application questions we have tied to each opening. Please use these questions as an opportunity to introduce yourself.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Juristat is a small, fast-growing company, so you’ll likely gain experience on many different projects across the organization. Some of the areas you’ll be focusing your attention are:
- Working with design to build beautiful user interfaces for our entire product portfolio
- Working closely with product owners and designers to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- Writing modular, secure, and well-tested code
- Brainstorming with product managers and designers to conceptualize new features
- Collaborating with other engineers and reviewing code
- Utilizing expert knowledge to assist engineering leadership in timeline estimation and roadmap planning
There are several features that make you stand out as the right person to fill this position. Regardless of how well you feel you fit this description, we encourage you to apply if you love to collaborate with a series of diverse teams and unique perspectives to build a product that our customers can’t live without. Many skills can make you successful, but in particular:
- You possess expertise in building complex layouts with HTML and CSS
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- You are a self-starter capable of operating autonomously when required
- You have extensive experience with the AWS platform
- You can clearly and fluently translate your technical findings to a non-technical team
- You have a strong knowledge of React-based frontends and Node.js APIs and web services
- You have strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- You have experience with Typescript, Express.js/Koa, SQL, and GraphQL
- You practice strong testing methodologies and iterative development processes
- You possess a good eye for enjoyable and useful frontend user experiences
- You have in-depth experience with React +Jest + Redux + GraphQL stack
Juristat is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with people no matter their race, color, creed, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, pregnancy status, or mental or physical disability.