Service Technician for Precision Measuring Centers
The Service Technician for Precision Measuring Centers will apply various technologies to test and modify manufacturing machinery and equipment.
- Installs machines, performs preventative maintenance, repair and calibration.
- Retro-fits and installs new PCs.
- Installs and tests new software.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves issues with equipment, devices, or products; uses precision instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and gauges to make adjustments.
- Performs customer training on machine operation.
- Gathers and arranges materials.
- Assists engineers with tasks related to development, construction, and evaluation of prototypes, new products, operations, and/or procedures.
- Drafts and maintains job documentation and reports including those outlining procedures, productivity, changeover, and progress.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to clearly communicate with engineering, technical support, sales, and management.
- Thorough understanding of products and equipment used in manufacturing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Reads and understands blueprints, drawings, charts, and schematics.
- Willingness to travel within the US and Canada.
- Live within 50 miles major international airport.
- A valid passport.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or postsecondary certificate in related discipline required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods of standing in factory and at times, sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Manual dexterity to evaluate, install, and modify equipment.
- Experience handling CNC or CMM machines or metrology equipment.
- Experience in automotive manufacturing environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- An exciting job with a dedicated and experienced team
- Opportunity for growth
Please email cover letter and resume in a PDF format
The Klingelnberg Group is a world leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of machines for bevel gear and cylindrical gear production, measuring centers for gearing and axially symmetrical components as well as customized high-precision gear components. The Company's products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Klingelnberg America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Multiple Locations