Service Engineer for Precision Measuring Centers
Klingelnberg America, Inc.
Saline, MI 48176
Requires traveling in US (95%) and Canada (5%) normally M-F with some weekends
Paid time off, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401(k), Eligible Tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Number of hires for this role
Klingelnberg is one of the global market and technology leaders in the gear industry. Which includes the development and manufacture of machines for the production of bevel gear, cylindrical gear, measuring centers for axially symmetrical objects of all types, and the production of high-precision gear components made to customers' orders.
Today Klingelnberg operates engineering and manufacturing facilities in Zurich, Switzerland, Hueckeswagen and Ettlingen, Germany. The company maintains a global presence with Sales and Service offices in Italy, France, Spain, Russia, Japan, India, China, Brazil, the United States, and Mexico.
Klingelnberg America provides OEM support of Klingelnberg products in North America. We provide sales, parts and service to many industries including automotive, aerospace, agriculture, marine, defense and infrastructure.
Due to the complexity and accuracy of these machines Klingelnberg America is willing invest in training a candidate who meets the requirements below.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Install, perform preventive maintenance, calibrate, trouble shoot, and repair machines
- Retro-fit machines and install new PCs
- Train customers on machine operation
- Install and test new software
- Complete and submit weekly reports
- Majority of machines are located in lab environments
- Machines are located throughout the US. 33% are located in the Detroit area, 60% are located in the tristate area, and the remaining machines are located throughout the US and Canada.
- Two-year technical degree preferred or combination of training and work experience
- Ability to work from schematics and other prints
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Clear and professional communication skills to build positive customer relationships
- Must live within 50 miles major international airport
- Innate problem-solving skill and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Maintain a professional presence on-site while building a positive relationship with customer.
- Prior experience working with automotive customers and industry
- Prior experience with CMMs, CNC measuring machines, or metrology equipment
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to pass background and drug tests
- One location with travel requirements
Remote work allowed:
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Multiple Locations