Primary Purpose of Position:
· To maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, and perform a variety of tenant services
· Responsible for the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building systems. Building systems include HVAC, water treatment program, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying
· Installs, fabricates, constructs, troubleshoots, and repairs complex mechanical and electrical equipment with very minimal or no support and supervision
· Receives work assignments, plans for work to be performed and obtains necessary tools, equipment with materials. Completes assignments and paperwork in a timely manner
· Demonstrate a through knowledge of equipment being serviced and employs service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follows inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventative maintenance and loss control programs.
· Possesses knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools. Responsible for the care of the assigned equipment, tools and uniforms
· Responsible for keeping the shop, equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe
· Follows operational and safety procedures
· Inspects all areas of the building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement
· Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holiday to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs. Responds to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (e.g. snow and ice removal) power outages and other situations including clean-up activities, if other contracted personnel are not available
· Projects a positive appearance and attitude at all times. Demonstrate exemplary tenant relations, team spirit and respect of others
· Pursues employee development objectives recommended by the Chief Engineer, Operations Manager, Lead Engineer and/or Property Manager
· Provide technical support to the Lead Chief Engineer or Operations Manager.
· Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspection of work and generating deficiency lists
· Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified personnel
· Assist the Operations Manager, Chief/Lead Engineer in the monitoring and implementation of OSHA requirements
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC or Operation Engineering Technologies and/ or equivalent job-related training and experience
· Minimum of 4 years of field experience
· Continuing education in field
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Basic computer skills necessary to operate Building Automation Systems
· Advanced knowledge of OSHA, NEC, and NFC codes and regulations
· Ability to obtain Licenses(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment:
· DC Properties – DC 6 or 3rd Class Steam Engineer’s license
· Maryland Properties – 2nd Grade Stationary Engineer’s License
· Virginia Properties – NIULPE 2nd Class Engineer’s Certificate
· CFC Training and certification of for the type of equipment serviced
· Regularly requires to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks
· Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to taste and smell
· Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance and climb stairs and ladders
· Regularly required to lift and/ or move up to 20 lbs., and occasionally required to lift/move 50+ lbs.
· Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception
Internal and External Contacts:
· This position interacts extensively with tenants, vendors, and contractors, as well other employees within Lincoln Property Company.
· This position will receive supervision and direction from the Lead Engineer, Chief Engineer or Operations Manager. In the absence of a supervising Engineer, the Property Manager will provide supervision, direction and assistance.
*Join the Lincoln family by submitting your resume here. Please include salary requirements. Qualified applicants will proceed with background investigation and drug screening. Lincoln Property Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location