Req # 3973
ICI Services is looking for an experienced Combat Systems Test Engineer to support PMS 317 and the construction of the LPD ship class at the US Navy Supervisor of Shipbuilding in Pascagoula, MS. ICI Services is a fast growing employee-owned Company with our headquarters office located in Virginia Beach. We are a mid-size defense contractor and have a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
- Applicant must hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET personnel security clearance
- Provide installation, troubleshooting, repair and operational test and evaluation support for the Ship Self-Defense System (SSDS)
- Interface, calibrate and align ships individual RADARs, Navigation systems, Identification-friend or foe (IFF), SLQ-32 electronic warfare system, Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) system, Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) and communications systems
- Review, update, and develop test procedures for shipboard testing events related to Combat Systems
- Support development and update of Suitability Plans, and develop test objectives, test scenarios, test plans, test reports and briefings.
- Establish and maintain productive liaison with Government Project teams, Production Teams and Shipbuilder.
- Monitor Installation of Combat Systems in New Construction shipyard environment.
- Identify performance issues with the SSDS System; isolate issues to either hardware or software or particular interfaces during testing.
- Draft and submit software trouble reports that describe the performance issue compared to performance requirements.
- 5-8 years' of experience in Navy combat systems, e.g., RADARs, navigation systems, Identification-Friend or Foe (IFF), SLQ-32 electronic warfare system, Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) system, Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) and communications systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with Navy and shipyard teams both orally and in written reports and briefings using MS Office.
- Bachelor degree preferred but may be substituted with experience
- Specialized education or training in the field of combat systems - particularly within shipboard naval settings is required
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Type: Full-time
- Navy Combat systems: SSDS, RADARS, IFF, RAM, CEC: 5 years (Required)
- DoD Secret Clearance (Required)