General Contractor specializing in government (DOD) contracting general construction work looking for an experienced Quality Control Manager.
We work at military installations all over the country. Our construction contracts range from small renovation and repairs to major multi-year projects involving all divisions. We are involved in hard competitive bid, select invited bid and negotiated bid work.
The Construction Quality Control Manager (CQCM) is responsible for managing and performing the daily QC responsibilities to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the established minimum standards. The CQCM role includes direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of the work flow process and working with other in-house personnel (e.g.: Project Managers, Superintendents, etc.) and external personnel to produce and document a quality product. The CQCM reports directly to the Project Manager for the sake of assuring that a conflict of interest does not occur among the productivity, schedule, and the quality objectives of the project.
- Create, update and maintain the project submittal log and all other project specific quality control reports
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
- Chair and document weekly QC meetings with the Owner and superintendent and provide written minutes as described in project specific contract documents
- Provide daily QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project's established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
- Conduct preparatory, initial and follow-up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with new and existing subcontractors and the superintendent at least two days prior to the start of each new phase of the work to discuss issues that affect quality
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems
- Maintain the project "as-built" drawings on a daily basis
- Assemble and forward project closeout documents that include O&M manuals, as-builts and warranties
- Stop work if necessary to resolve matters that affect safety, quality and/or inhibit the logical progress of work
- B.S. degree in engineering or construction management.
- Minimum two years' experience in the construction industry with a general contractor or engineering firm engaged in general building construction
- Knowledge of a wide range of construction materials, methods, and techniques
- General understanding of UFGS Specifications, ICC and ASTM Standards, and other Industry Standards
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers "Construction Quality Management for Contractors" Certification or ability to obtain within 2 months.
- Proficient with computer software used in the construction industry (Timberline, RMS/QCS, and other typical construction formats) Must be advanced in computer skills. Willing to learn new software for the role.
- OSHA 30-hour certification, CPR/First Aid certification
- General understanding of construction safety
- Ability to speak clearly and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must pass background check, drug screen and have clean drivers license
Dependent on experience and qualifications. Health Benefits and 401K available
Equal Opportunity Employer