An IT Generalist job in Hilton Head, SC is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible to install and maintain client IT infrastructure requirements. The ideal candidate will have the ability to support desktop requirements (hardware/software) and will work with the IT Security staff to implement and maintain effective IT structure for network security. This position will provide integration support for a newly acquired business unit of our client. This is a very visible, contract opportunity with an international growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
IT Generalist Job duties:
- Provides complex PC hardware/software setups, printer/fax and scanner support and repair.
- Installs desktop OS and application patches.
- Conducts PC software and hardware installation/upgrades, basic LAN troubleshooting, and infrastructure support (wiring, troubleshooting and connectivity).
- Follows standardized company network operating system procedures.
- Analyzes customer organizational needs and directs the resolution of a wide range of computer problems.
- Assists with computer and phone moves.
- Responsible for troubleshooting systems, researching, identifying and providing resolution that influences day-to-day corporate activities.
- Assists in the deployment of desktop-related software upgrades including but not limited to: Symantec EndPoint Protection, SEPM, SEP Firewall, SNAC, DEP, CheckPoint applications.
- Experience with Help Desk software such as ServiceNow.
- Proficiency with Windows 7, 10 and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of Active Directory (GPO, OU, domains, etc.)
- Working knowledge of IT-related Help Desk software and software licensing databases.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer-related field
- Understanding of software contracts, upgrades paths, and license key.
- General understanding of overall system environment such as system maintenance, workstation support, Internet connectivity and security services, as well as specific supported software/applications.
- Experience supporting remotely located user community.
If you are interested in this IT Generalist job in Hilton Head, SC, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.