Idex Solutions is looking for a qualified Siemens NX Mechanical designer or Engineer for our Client in Portland, OR. This position will be supporting concept design, layout, research and development of new products for Heavy trucks. Many of the design efforts will involve aerodynamic components which could increase efficiency and reduce drag of the target vehicle. Some components are mechanical based and will require mechanism articulation design and layout.
- Design experience with CAB components (bumpers, hood, fenders, lighting, mirrors and doors, fairings and other aerodynamic components) and chassis components.
- Experience with Siemens NX for Mechanical part design and surfacing. Will require Class B surfacing and working with Class A surfaces but not required to author Class A surfaces.
- Experience with Teamcenter for engineering data management preferred but training available if needed.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to think outside the box to develop new components using state of the art manufacturing techniques and emerging materials.
- Conduct layout, space-claim, and design of CAB and chassis components for heavy trucks.
- Develop B-side surfaced components from A-Side styling surfaces.
- Coordinate design efforts with other departments as necessary to complete designs.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering as required to develop final manufacturable components.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $35.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Surface design: 3 years (Required)
- body exterior or interior design: 3 years (Preferred)