As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for solving challenges with an emphasis on Production and Quality processes. You will work with the Director of Quality to apply a keen Quality Assurance perspective to production and deliver compliant product to the customer. This position is heavily reliant on your ability to write procedures as it relates to production and processes within a manufacturing environment. This individual will aggressively drive quality improvement efforts in assigned areas with the goal of achieving “zero defect” performance, supports process improvement and problem-solving efforts with the focus on protecting and improving quality. Provides quality support to assigned production operations to ensure the integrity of components and products produced.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner with the Engineering and production teams to plan, write and execute work instruction changes and manual revisions.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Implementation and monitoring Process KPI’s.
- Participate in root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion.
- Frequently acts on behalf of Amfuel with external customers.
- Review and provide feedback on product quality and metrics.
- Communicate status frequently to the Director of Quality and participate in cross-group and internal meetings.
- Review engineering drawings and specifications to ensure that all necessary Quality requirements have been included and may recommend changes to Quality or Engineering Management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of quality, mechanical, or industrial engineering.
- Prefer at least 2-4 years of quality experience.
- Professional certification is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate computer proficiency in Microsoft and database environments.
- Knowledge of KPI process monitoring and analysis.
- Analytical problem solving
- Organizational and planning skills
- Experience working with Root cause corrective and preventive actions.
- Promotes process improvement measures and develops product standards.
- Quality requirements concerning AS9100 and ISO9001 standards.
- Team and detailed oriented but self-reliant.
- Must have Excellent communication skills.
The physical requirements of persons in this position classification are:
- Extensive time standing on the plant floor without possibility of sitting down.
- Person will regularly be required to use hands & arms with repetitive motion & reach
- Occasionally will move/roll a fuel cell weighing up to 50 pounds
- Manual dexterity for handling production material
- Standing and or sitting consistently during an 10-hour shift
- Employee will regularly be exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The plant is a warehouse environment & temperatures can vary depending on seasons. Safety glasses and closed toe shoes are required while production is in progress. OSHA regulations are followed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Quality Engineer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift