ICI Services is looking for an experienced Auxiliary Systems Test Engineer to support NAVSEA PMS 317 and the construction of the LPD ship class at the US Navy Supervisor of Shipbuilding in Pascagoula, MS. ICI Services is a fast growing employee-owned Company with our headquarters office located in Virginia Beach, VA. We are a mid-size defense contractor and have a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
- Applicant must hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET personnel security clearance
- Act as Government Test Witness for shipboard Auxiliaries and Elevator systems as required by the government customer
- Perform technical evaluations of shipboard Auxiliary systems as required
- Technical support of ship construction, sea trials, shipboard testing. Helps in resolution of technical waterfront issues
- Performs ship checks. Participates in tech and design reviews, drawing reviews, shipbuilder QPRs, CCB meetings and other technical meetings as required
- Maintains databases and technical documentation
- Review, update, and develop test procedures and test reports for shipboard testing events related to HM&E systems
- Establish and maintain productive liaison with Government Project teams, Production Teams and Shipbuilder.
- Greater than 4 years’ experience in Navy Auxiliaries system ship design, construction, testing, maintenance or operations.
- Specific experience with Navy Elevator systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Navy and shipyard teams both orally and in written reports and briefings using Microsoft Office Products.
- Navy or commercial waterfront shipbuilding experience highly desired
- Experience supporting a NAVSEA Program Office or Test Team a plus
- Experience supporting SUPSHIP or shipyard operations a plus
- High School diploma or higher
- Specialized education or training in Navy HM&E systems - particularly within shipboard naval settings is required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Type: Full-time
- US Navy Auxiliaries systems: 4 years (Required)
- US Navy Elevator systems: 4 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Security Clearance Required: