ABOUT BIG ROOM STUDIOS
Big Room Studios is a software development services company based on Thompson’s Point in Portland, Maine. We work with amazing clients in a variety of industries to design and build custom software solutions. We’re looking for an associate-level developer to join our passionate group of product designers, software engineers, and project managers.
Big Room Studios is looking for an entry-level software engineer to contribute to the writing, testing and maintenance of custom web and native applications, and motivated by finding solutions to complex problems across a wide variety of industries. Most of the time you’ll be part of an agile team developing an application, but as you gain experience you may be embedded on a client’s team for your particular technical expertise. When not working on an application project or staffing a client team, you will be contributing to our open source or other internal initiatives.
What to Expect
The successful candidate will actively participate in all aspects of agile software development and delivery, effectively communicate ideas and feedback, exhibit a strong level of commitment to their work, and be interested in working with clients on a daily basis.
We are excited to share our process, tools and software development expertise with someone looking to level-up their skills. This is a great opportunity to work for a growing tech company that is always seeking to educate and innovate with its team members. We offer a multitude of skills development and opportunities to safely try new things, supported by an experienced team who has your back.
- You have recently completed a personal project, internship, bootcamp, or degree related to the field of software engineering.
- All candidates should possess a stated and demonstrated appetite for learning and growth.
- Experience with ML/AI is a plus.
- Experience in any specialty within application development such as UX, accessibility, product design, database administration, cloud technologies, etc. is a plus.
This is a full-time position. BRS offers a highly creative environment for enthusiastic developers. Ability to commute on-site is preferred, though remote work is available for qualified candidates. If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and optionally code samples to the email address below:
- Compensation: Market Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, ME 04102: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19