The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Lockheed Martin is actively involved in smallsat missions within our Space Proctetion Programs. We are looking for Guidance and Control engineers to join us in these new exciting opportunities.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Assure the GN&C approach meets the mission objectives through design, analysis, simulation and test
- Support the GN&C development, integration and testing of the smallsats
- Be part of a fast-paced team that delivers results in a short period of time
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
- Guidance, Navigation & Control (GN&C ) background with spacecraft experience
- Demonstrated experience in the requirements generation, trade studies, budgeting, design, integration, qualification, verification, and validation of GN&C algorithms for space applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members
- Experience with smallsats/cubesats
- Navigation analytical background and navigation algorithm development experience
- Controls and dynamics or mission analysis skills
- Knowledge of other spacecraft subsystems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.