Senior Technical Lead for SaaS Event Tech Startup
Ticketbud is looking for a motivated technical leader to drive engineering for our event ticketing platform. We seek an individual to take ownership of systems management, setting strategy and direction. Responsible for design, development, implementation and maintenance of our systems.
We are looking for a resourceful team player to take on a pivotal role within our small team.
Technical knowledge is critical, as is the need for a solution focused individual. We seek an independent problem-solver with sound coding and system design skills. We strive for continuous delivery with an agile approach.
Ticketbud has established a competitive position in the event ticketing space, with significant growth opportunities in the coming years. As the Senior Technical Lead, you’ll have the chance to grow with the company, building your team, as well as your own profile and experience.
- Provide senior level technical leadership. This is a hands-on development role in addition to managing a mobile development team.
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot, ensuring reliable operation of the production environment. Perform systems analysis activities, resolve elevated issues and manage timely delivery of project deadlines.
- Design and build new features to enhance our online ticketing offering. Focused on improving the user experience and maintaining a competitive service offering.
- Build and manage systems to scale with demand, ensuring reliable scalable service.
- Work closely with key clients to deliver tailored solutions.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members, communicating systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
- Stay up to date on development methodology, architecture design, technical standards and best practices, to translate into effective solutions. Update departmental processes and best practices.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and third party products and services, upgrading existing systems to provide an enhanced service experience.
- Understand and comply with Information Technology and Information Security policies and procedures, verifying requirements are being met.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Postgres or MySQL
- An independent and tenacious problem solver
- Results orientated, prioritizing work to maximize value and impact
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- A willingness to share knowledge and collaborate across Ticketbud teams
- Kubernetes and Google Cloud experience
- Experience leading a development team
- WordPress experience
Based in Austin, Texas, Ticketbud serves event organizers nationally and worldwide providing online ticketing, registration and event management services. Our platform is capable of supporting several thousand events at a time. We partner with large holiday festivals such as
Austin Trail of Lights, as well as a wide range of community and business events.
Ticketbud fosters a culture of growth, with development opportunities supported. We are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion, building a team of unique individuals, reflective of the wide range of clients we serve. Our team members are valued for their individual strengths, which amplify our collective capacity.
Winner of Austin A-List Award for Homegrown Innovation, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location