Operate 3-axis CNC Router to fabricate parts. Load parts in machine, cycle machine, detect malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Run production lots, communicate with co-workers regarding production runs, and maintain safe, organized and clean work environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Read work orders and run pre-determined files with correct tooling and jigs to maximize productivity.
- Set up and operate 3 Axis, high speed CNC router.
- Select and maintain sharp tools.
- Enter tool offsets into Fanuc control.
- Perform inspection of machined products (including documentation of results).
- Work with CNC programmers to diagnose and eliminate defective parts and machine downtime.
- Position and secure work piece on machine bed, indexing table, fixture, or dispensing or holding device.
- Drive forklift to stage needed material near CNC worktable.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures.
- Special projects as requested.
Positive attitude and strong focus is required to run the CNC router effectively. Good communication skills with peers as well as supervisor. Ability to maintain tool operation, machinery safeguards, inspection, material storage, inventory control, and documentation. The position will require the ability to bend, twist, squat, kneel, climb, lift, and other repetitive movements associated with loading/unloading material.
High School diploma or GED is required. Certificate or degree preferred. Machine shop experience preferred.
Competitive wages, Health / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick time, bereavement, 401k with company match, weekend shift differential, 2nd / 3rd shift wage differential, holiday pay, and more!
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift