Municipal Modelling Engineer
Team Leader – Municipal Systems
Founded in 2003, Cole Engineering Group Ltd. (COLE) is an employee-owned, Canadian firm that provides consulting and advisory services in planning, engineering, and P3 in the water, transportation, urban development and environmental sectors. With offices across southern Ontario, COLE is now one of the largest independent consulting engineering firms in the province. Our team is our #1 asset.We hire agile, driven, enthusiastic people who want to be part of an exciting, growing company. COLE is committed to employment equity, diversity and creating a positive and growth focused environment which supports a culture of excellence, team-work and professional development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will join one of Canada's 2019 Top 100 Employers for Young People, and be a part of an exciting, growing company. Your team is focused on delivering excellence, building teamwork and developing professionally. You'll work hard and play hard, enjoy our monthly socials, office barbeques, annual golf tournament and regular team-building events. Think you can win COLE's Amazing Race? Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to train and make use of our monthly Gym subsidy program.
It’s not all fun and games! Under the support and guidance of the Senior Project Engineer, the Municipal Modelling Engineer is expected to work effectively within a team environment, assisting with data analysis, hydrologic/ hydraulic modelling and calculations and preparation of supporting project reports. Under the guidance of the engineering team and other members of the sector, this role will apply academic knowledge to tasks and benefit from the hands-on experience from exposure to water based projects.
- Support the preparation of municipal planning studies related to municipal water, wastewater and stormwater servicing.
- Assist in the development and application of industry recognized hydrologic/hydraulic models related to municipal services (storm, sanitary, and water).
- Assist with the compilation, review and analysis of data including rainfall, flow and preparation of data to support hydrologic/hydraulic modelling.
- Coordinate and support Project Managers, Project Engineers and other support staff.
- Participating in the monitoring of project schedules. Communicates pertinent project information to Project Managers and staff assigned to projects.
- Prepare presentation graphics and report figure for projects.
- Prepare reports, memoranda, letters, emails and transmittals.
- All other duties assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a background in hydrology and hydraulics related to wastewater and stormwater systems;
- Understanding of ESRI GIS;
- Working knowledge of other industry hydrologic/hydraulic models (i.e. InfoWorks, PCSWMM, InfoWater, Water-GEMS, HEC-RAS, VO, etc.);
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Additional consideration given if you have experience with the assessment of municipal systems (water, wastewater and stormwater) and municipal requirements including hydrology, hydraulics, stormwater management, wastewater system design;
- Water distribution system analysis would be considered and asset;
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills are essential;
- Strong work ethics, motivation and judgment skills;
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills to work within a team and in a customer oriented environment;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with experience in writing engineering reports.
COLE provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.We are in compliance with local laws and regulations.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.