We are looking for a Programmer Analyst – SQL to be located in either Fredericton or Woodstock, NB. This position is responsible for defining, developing, testing, analyzing and maintaining applications and services in support of the achievement of business requirements. You will collaborate with various internal teams to review and provide feedback on solution design and technical specification documents. This position is responsible for creating software solutions using Transact-SQL, SSRS, and SSIS. You must be available to work a flexible schedule as some activities may require off-peak hours work.
Key responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Consistently writing, translating, coding and testing software solutions using Transact-SQL, databases and reports according to specifications
- Collaborating with IT Business Systems Analyst team to assist in the creation of IT requirements, solution design and technical specification documents
- Liaising with business units, IT Business Systems Analysts, IT Application Support and Programmer Analysts to assist in resolving incidents and problems with software products or company software systems
- Providing estimates of development effort for projects and tasks
- Providing status updates to the IT Planning & Analysis team and IT Application Support Manager as required
- Assisting IT Application Support, Programmer Analysts and external developers to work through challenges as required. Supporting IT Business Systems Analyst team through functional and user acceptance testing of projects
- Performing data analysis and performing ETL functions to migrate data between systems
- Assisting in monitoring applications to verify proper functionality after updates have been deployed.
Condition of employment:
- Completion of degree or diploma in a related field, such as Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Solid understanding of computer programming languages, specifically Transact-SQL and development environments and experience with database systems, including Microsoft SQL, Server, Azure, postGres, MySQL
- Understanding of ETL and data transformation applications, including Informatica, SQL Server Migration Services, SQL Server Report Services
- Proven experience in writing applications/scripts/SQL commands against relational databases
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into infrastructure issues and products as required
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, and cloud based systems. Proven experience integrating on premise and cloud systems
- Awareness of security concerns when designing systems
- Strong knowledge or background in the telecommunications sector
- Knowledge of client/server applications
- A positive attitude, willingness to apply a hands-on approach, and experience working as part of an operational team
As a condition of employment and in order to comply with industry related data security standards, this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal Background Check. Details will be supplied to applicants as they move through the selection process.
Xplornet is committed to creating an accessible environment and will accommodate disabilities during the selection process. Please let your recruiter know during the selection process of any accommodation needs.
Headquartered in Woodstock, New Brunswick, Xplornet Communications Inc. is one of Canada’s leading broadband service providers. For over a decade, Xplornet has been providing innovative broadband solutions to rural customers at work, home and play across Canada. Today, Xplornet offers voice and data communication services through its unique wireless and satellite network that connects Canadians to what matters.