Sikky Manufacturing, founded in 2008, is a leader in automotive performance parts manufacturing with distribution around the world for our own brand as well as a private label division.
We have invested heavily in new technology and cutting edge software to keep us competitive in this market place. We have a long history of re-investing in our company -- be it the latest machine tools, training programs or additional personnel, which has positioned us well for the future.
Sikky prides itself on hiring automobile enthusiasts that share our drive to delight our customers by providing them with the highest level of quality while sharing our core values of respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, caring, and striving for perfection.
We continually look for ways to encourage our employees to learn and grow in the organization by providing opportunities for continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
Sikky is located in Baltimore, MD on the outskirts of the city.
We are looking for a CNC Machinist/Programmer to join our manufacturing team. Previous CNC set up and programming experience is required.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with a lot of room for advancement.
Position Summary: The CNC Machinist/Programmer sets up and operates HAAS computer numerical controlled (CNC) mills and lathes to produce precision metal components, inspects product to drawing specifications, recognizes machining issues and is able to make mechanical or offsetting adjustments as needed.
- Ability to create CNC programs as well as optimize existing programs for Mill and Lathe and multi-axis machining centers using Mastercam.
- Set up and run the CNC program prove out on the machine tool and correct the programs as required.
- Communicate effectively with Engineering and Management to achieve company goals.
- Maintain and update the CNC program directory, through proper file management techniques using our Solidworks Vault system.
- Plans, develops, schedules and organizes projects associated with long range planning, special projects, and other proposals to meet anticipated production needs for reports activities to management.
- Monitors and maintains the quality and appearance of products and maximizing efficiency for production.
- Identify and report any cost improvements.
- Assists in recommendations for new equipment, tooling and technology to meet customer needs and departmental requirements.
- Lead the design of jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications.
- Programming experience (Preferably Mastercam but not required)
- Education: High school graduate; college or technical degree not mandatory but is a definite plus
- Candidate without degree must have a minimum 8 years of CNC programming experience to include three years Mastercam CAD/CAM experience or equivalent combination of education and / or experience.
- A basic knowledge of drafting, design, and CNC programming; and machine shop experience using CNC machine tools (mill and lathe).
Preferred CNC Programming Advanced
Preferred Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Preferred Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CAM programming: 3 years (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible