Martin/Martin is interested in hiring an experienced Architect to join our Existing Building Services Group in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The successful candidate will primarily work with our Building Envelope team having a wide array of responsibilities including; evaluating wall/roof performance, skin design, parametric modeling, thermal analysis, and forensic evaluations. Working with the building envelope team, the candidate will develop a high level of knowledge for current wall systems and will work to develop improved solutions to problems in the rapidly changing building envelope field. The selected candidate can anticipate up to twenty hours per week on project sites performing observations, documenting construction and performing testing. The position involves direct communication with owners, property managers and contractors along with marketing and business development activities.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of engineers, architects and technicians working to design and develop unique building envelope designs and to solve infiltration related issues on existing buildings. Project types will range from small residential to large commercial and institutional buildings. Our projects are predominately in the Rocky Mountain Region, but with opportunities to work throughout the United States and North America.
Our office is located in Lakewood, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains providing access to many year-round outdoor activities while still enjoying the befits of the Denver area. Additionally, our employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Coverage
- Extended Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan Company Match and Profit Sharing (when appropriate)
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Continuing Education
- Extensive Employee Events (outings, picnics, golf, and ski days)
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Internal Continuing Education and Training
- On-Site Workout Facilities
- Community Involvement (Martin/Martin Gives Back Program)
- PE License Reimbursement
- Paid Tuition Reimbursement for Graduate Degrees
- Working on the Best Projects
About Martin/Martin, Inc.
Martin/Martin, Inc. is a full-service civil and structural engineering and surveying firm, operating from Colorado since the 1940s. Growing steadily over the last decade, Martin/Martin is about exciting projects, shared ownership informed staff and a commitment to quality that keeps clients returning to us time after time. Our services are provided to municipalities, public, and private redevelopment entities, architects, home builders, state and federal agencies, land developers and special districts in Colorado, across the United States, and in other countries.
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay as well as been voted Top Workplaces 2019!
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Strong knowledge of building and design codes
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work including involvement in industry organizations, developing technical proficiency and business development
- Ability to compose reports, evaluate data and effectively communicate with clients.
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- Four years of Architectural design experience preferred
- Experience in exterior wall and roof design
- Demonstrated ability to design, detail, coordinate, and model projects
- Revit literate in producing plan work, details, notes, and general editing
- Capable of working from scaffolding and lifts at elevated heights.
- Knowledge of construction standards and practices.
To apply for this position, please complete our online application via our careers page here: martinmartin.com/apply
Qualified applicants MUST fill out a job application; applicants that only apply on Indeed will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance