At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the Role
Each Research Product Analyst plays an important role on GutCheck's Research Sciences Team to develop products via innovation in research, methodology and data analytics. As a Research Science Analyst, you will use your knowledge of research, statistics, and data modeling to combine survey responses and Big Data in new ways that create compelling, actionable insights to drive our clients' business growth. At GutCheck, we are data agnostic, but we believe we can best address client business problems using combinations of survey responses and Big Data within the context of GutCheck's agile trifecta (speed, cost effectiveness, and can-do services). We make using Big Data+surveys to obtain consumer insights practical and scalable and ensure our clients can "follow" the same audiences from insights through to activation. If you would enjoy being on the cutting edge of "agilifying" this space, GutCheck is the place for you!
What You'll Do
- Tee It Up! Live by and champion our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- About 40% of your time will be spent designing methods/metrics and testing scalable, repeatable research solutions that combine survey and non-survey data to create actionable insights and story-driven, compelling reports and then working with GutCheck product managers to translate new solutions into automation requirements.
- About 20% of your time will be spent generating and testing hypotheses and analyzing and interpreting the results of product experiments using a "test and learn" process of rapidly iterations in response to client feedback or new experimental learnings.
- Another 20% of your time will be spent vetting and onboarding new data sources, ensuring we have "research-grade" quality inputs and then exploring these sources for patterns in a data entrepreneurial way.
- And 10%-15% of your time will be spent as an internal and client-facing product evangelist to promote the adoption of GutCheck's new Constellation suite of products.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
What You May Also Do
- Provide training or process/operational readiness guidance to the teams implementing GutCheck solutions
- Create interim, but production-ready analysis and reporting automation for use prior to completion of GutCheck platform software
- Participate in story grooming sessions with product managers and engineers
- Write and prepare documents (reports, blog posts, presentations, training materials) to support internal implementation or external go-to-market activities
- Apply (or grow, if necessary) your other data science knowledge (e.g., programming, machine learning, simulation, algorithms, data visualization) to the development of research products
- Market Research Experience, 1-3 years
- Have experience designing surveys or discussion guides, sample and analytic plans, and experiments to isolate cause and effect
- Have strong visual and written storytelling skills and experience using them to convey insights to clients in a compelling way
- Have experience creating market research products that help solve strategic client questions
- Creative Problem Solving, Active Listening Skills, & Communication Skills
- Be able to work cross-functionally with teams with diverse skills and negotiate timelines and requirements effectively
- Ability to evoke, hear and understand the business meaning behind product feedback from clients and use it to improve our products
- Harness the liberty in periods of uncertainty to create value-add breakthroughs
- Ability to identify and remove barriers to adoption or change
- Strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to explain complex concepts to a variety of audiences
GutCheck is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.