Control Systems Cybersecurity Engineer - (155373)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is growing our Operational Technologies (OT) Cybersecurity Services group, and is currently seeking qualified and experienced cybersecurity professionals to join our Design Center as an integral part of our team with an opportunity to work with talented staff and to be a part of one of the fastest growing and most exciting, critical segments of HDR.
HDR is looking for a Control Systems Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team. HDR provides architectural and engineering design and design-build facility construction services around the world for commercial, industrial, and federal clients. OT is now commonly integrated into these facilities and there is significant need to secure these systems and networks to insure reliable and safe operations. Existing facility industrial control systems (ICS) must also be assessed, replaced, upgraded, secured, and/or expanded.
This position will be an integral part of the Cybersecurity Services Group and will reside within one of the HDR design centers (flexibly located in multiple US locations) in order to provide support for myriad market sectors including federal, water/wastewater, and industrial. The initial business focus for this position will be engineering secure system and network designs for critical infrastructure and federal clients. This position will also be a resource for HDR engineering ICS projects
- For multiple ongoing projects, provide network and system specification documentation deliverables to address cybersecurity vulnerabilities and the security controls necessary to mitigate the vulnerabilities to an acceptable level of risk
- Participate in project meetings and provide specification deliverables in coordination with other HDR team designers, programmers, implementers, architects, and engineers
- Mentor internal and external clients on networking topics
- Participate in control systems master planning efforts
- Participate in construction administration services including contractor submittal review
- Lead ICS network assessment tasks including network mapping and asset inventories.
- Serve as a cross-sector ICS resource for HDR engineering project teams servicing critical infrastructure. This capability requires expertise in ICS design, development, deployment, and commissioning in a virtual/cloud environment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of secure networking standards to include NIST-800, ISA-62443, UFC-4-010-06 and others as required by client
- Certifications Pursuit and Maintenance: Cybersecurity and IT network related
- Participate in pre-project system/network cybersecurity risk assessment
- Participate in and/or validate cybersecurity commissioning (CFAT/CSAT) or audits of ICS networks/systems
Due to client contract requirements only candidates with US citizenship will be considered for this position as permitted pursuant to section 274B(a)(2)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act
Bachelors Degree in technical field similar to the following:
Electrical Engineer, Automation Engineer, or Computer Engineering
EIT Cert / PE License
CISSP or GICSP (or ability to obtain matched with other network related certs)
7+ years of experience in ICS solutions design, development, deployment, and commissioning in a virtual and/or cloud based hosting environment
ICS network design experience and familiarity with the Purdue Model
Multiple equipment manufacturers and OT protocols
SCADA, PLC Programming, HMI, Operator Interface Terminals
MS Word / Visio skills for project documentation and detailed network design (example work may be requested subject to confidentiality)
Strong team player with excellent communication and documentation skills
Ambition to learn and willingness to improvise/compromise based on client/project resources, limitations, and capabilities
National and some international travel
Local candidates are preferred
3+ years of experience working in critical infrastructure (Federal/DoD, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Water/Wastewater, Power Generation, etc.)
3+ years of experience in network design and system configuration to include firewalls, protocols, ports, VLANs, VMs, and route configuration.
Some data analysis experience:
Wireshark PCAPs, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
HVAC Control Systems experience to include BACnet and LonWorks protocols
Multiple control system types (PLC based, DCS, BMS, and SIS)
IT experience/certifications in networking, encryption, programming, scripting, database design, Docker Containers, ADS, MCSE, AWS, Cisco, PE, CISA, C|EH, etc.
Cybersecurity Standards experience (ISA 62443, DoD RMF, ISO, NERC/FERC, etc.)
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
ASMEC / Facilities
Aug 19, 2019